Data Loss Prevention
Most network security measures are designed to protect a company's systems from outside interference. Few such measures are able to protect against data loss – also referred to as data leakage -- especially once that data moves outside the network perimeter. Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Solutions strategically protect your organization’s most important data; sensitive information that, if it were compromised, could damage your company’s financial standing and reputation.
Data Loss Prevention helps guard customer information, personal employee information, and research and development (R&D) data that must remain safe and secure within your system.
Data Loss Prevention secures your sensitive data itself via a focused security approach. Once we’ve identified your most critical data and its location on the network, Modcomp gives you the tools to monitor it and determine who is accessing and using this data, and where it is being sent, copied or transmitted.
This tracking information allows businesses to manage sensitive data with more confidence, not just preventing data loss but also flagging any data being handled in ways that contravene your established security policies. Data Loss Prevention Solutions provide by Modcomp will…
- Identify only your most sensitive data, as not all data requires DLP strategies.
- Assess how sensitive data is currently being used, and who requires access to it.
- Match DLP enforcement with your security policies to ensure complete compliance with the relevant regulations.
- Deploy a DLP solution that is comprised of components like Encryption and Data Leakage products.
Encryption refers to an algorithm designed to jumble data while in transit, or stored on devices that render it useless should they attempt to access it without an encryption key. In the event the data is lost or stolen, Encryption prevents it from being viewed or used by non-authorized individuals.
Encryption can be deployed on a wide array of devices including networked systems, desktops, laptops, mobile devices, removable media, and storage devices.
Data Leakage products protect, monitor, and manage data while minimizing the risk of data loss, and ensuring compliance with security policies. These DLP solutions classify data and monitor, report, or restrict it from being printed, e-mailed, or copied. And data is protected regardless of where it resides, even if the file type is changed.
Modcomp’s certified security specialists stand ready to guide your organization through every phase of choosing and leveraging the right Data Loss Prevention solutions for your unique IT environment. Our methodology includes:
- An initial “Discovery Meeting” where we discuss your goals, requirements, and budget, the first step to understanding how Modcomp can help.
- An “Assessment & Review” of your existing environment and a mutual definition of the size and scope of the project requirements.
- Detailed vendor evaluations and recommendations, future environment design, and detailed implementation plan.
- Procurement, configuration, and deployment of the chosen solutions.
- Ongoing product lifecycle support, as well as other technical support as it relates to the DLP Solutions we implemented for you.