Policy Statement. Modcomp Inc. ("Modcomp") will not accept any return of sold Products without an approved Modcomp return of merchandise authorization ("RMA"), which has been properly requested within 15 days of the invoiced sale. Modcomp reserves the right to issue an RMA in its sole discretion. The issuance of an RMA number is subject to the Products manufacturers return policies and so in some instances Modcomp will refuse to issue an RMA. The Products must be returned with the Modcomp RMA number marked on the shipping label and in the condition represented by the Customer within 10 days of the issuance of a Modcomp RMA number.
The following information is needed to issue a RMA:
Reason for return
Manufacturer Limits. Some manufacturers of the Products require that all defective and DPA Products be returned directly to them, or they may limit the time frame in which Products can be returned.
Damaged Products. If any of the Products arrive damaged, it is best to refuse the Products back to the carrier attempting delivery. If you accept Products with visible damage, the damage must be noted on the carrier's delivery record in order to file a damage claim against the Manufacturer. Save the Products and the original box and all packing it arrived in. Modcomp must be notified within 2 business days of receipt of any defective Products in order for Modcomp to arrange a carrier inspection and a pickup of damaged Products. Any concealed damage must be reported within 5 days. If Modcomp is not notified within 2 business days (or 5 days for concealed damage). Modcomp may not be able to timely assist the Customer in obtaining the benefit of any Manufacturer warranties.
Non-Cancelable/Non-returnable Products. All orders that require configuration or assembly of Products to meet a Customer's specifications are non-cancelable and non-returnable.
Dead on Arrival ("DOA"); Defective Returns. All DOA Products are subject to the manufacturer's return or exchange policy. Products that are inoperable at first use may be eligible for a DOA return to the manufacturer up to 15 days from the date of the invoice depending upon the manufacturer of the Products' return policy. Certain manufacturers may require that all DOA and defective Products be returned directly to them, or they may limit the return time frame after purchase. Mass storage and memory Products may be limited to a 15 day DOA and defective return period. All computer systems returned as DOA or defective will be tested and other Products returned as DOA or defective may be tested. Products found not to be DOA or defective shall be subject to return to the Customer at the Customer's sole expense.
Shipping Requirements. Before Customer returns any Products, please contact your Modcomp sales representative to request a RMA number. Returns without a valid Modcomp RMA number will not be accepted. Please take care in shipping Products back to Modcomp. Returned cartons that do not meet the following specifications may be returned to Customer:
- Products must be unused (for DOA or defective Products, please refer to the relevant sections above).
- Products must be complete and in manufacturer's original packaging, with no visible damage (e.g. rips, tears, compressions, holes or dents).
- All seals and packaging tape of manufacturer's packaging must be unbroken.
- There must be no marking or writing on manufacturer's packaging.
- There must be no stickers, other than the shipping label, on manufacturer's packaging.
- If a carton is shrink-wrapped, a shipping label must be on the shrink-wrap and the top of the carton.
- The RMA number must appear on the shipping label only, not on or inside the carton. Any carton received without a valid RMA number on the shipping label may be returned to Customer.
- To ensure proper identification of Customer's RMA number, please place the RMA number on your shipping label. Missing or transposed digits shall render an RMA number invalid.
- Include only one RMA number per carton
- The RMA must reach Modcomp's warehouse within 10 calendar days of the RMA issuance date, or the carton may be returned to Customer.
- The Products being returned must be secured with proper packaging to prevent any damage in transit.
- All Products must be returned to Modcomp at the following address unless specified differently by written notification from Modcomp: Modcomp Systems & Solutions
Attn: RMA# _________
1500 S. Powerline Road,
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442
Modcomp strongly recommends that Customer fully insure the return shipment in case it is lost or damaged. Whenever possible, please use FedEx to return Products to Modcomp. The Customer assumes the sole responsibility of returning Products to Modcomp and the original shipping charges are non-refundable. Unless all of the foregoing criteria are met, Customer will be deemed to have accepted all of the Products it is trying to return.